Sunday, June 5, 2016

Tokyo, Japan 2015: Akihabara (Part 5)


Day 2 (4th stop): 

Akihabara. May 12, 2015. 

I swear, my legs were killing me by then, but what does it matter? From Tokyo Skytree, Akihabara a.k.a. anime and electronics central was the next stop. 

I've been hearing about the place since I was a child and I'm finally there! 

Akihabara is Tokyo's otaku hub with displays of recognizable anime characters and merchandise, video game shops, maid cafes, manga stores, and electronic goods everywhere.  Cosplayers can be seen and various anime cafes such as Gundam Cafe and Naruto Cafe are all located in this area. Japanese girl group, AKB48, even has a shop there!


For Day 1 (Arrival) click here
For Day 2 (Ueno Park & Zoo) click here
For Day 2 (Sensoji Temple) click here
For Day 2 (Tokyo Skytree) click here

Check out the trains. Tokyo has more than ten different railway lines for their subway system and the trains almost vary for each one. We're on our way ~




Mom.


Stations can be pretty good shopping places too. 



Spotless. I love it.


Yodobashi-Akiba. A building with floors and floors of electronics and toys. 

Of course, we went to the toys. 


I didn't know Tamagotchi was still available! 
"Tamagotchi" comes from the Japanese words for "friend" and "egg" and they've certainly been a virtual little friend to some. 


*Gasp* it's Cardcaptor Sakura! (Check the price tag)


Athrun Zala and his Aegis Gundam for sale.


GOODNESS, IT'S AN ENTIRE FLOOR. 

My bro and I went crazy. 

Just kidding, but the entire family split ways to explore. And wow, there was just row after row after row of Japanese toys. 


It's Sailor Moon and the gang!




Sanrio goodies.




Found them! Goods from Hayao Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli! <3 

I see Howl's Moving Castle over there *squeals*


Gashapons.


More gashapons.


And even more gashapons.

After an hour or more of making our way through dreamland, 

Dinner time!


The lady has an eyepatch :o




Authentic yakiudon!





It's the red SEGA building behind me! 


Stumbled upon Anime Plaza!

At this point, my bro and I were freaking out about a building filled with anime goodness when we spotted Naruto Cafe on one of the floors and GOT EVEN MORE EXCITED.

Perfect. We needed refreshments. 


Naruto Cafe.


Naruto-themed placemats. 



The characters have a drink based on them! And you get a free sticker too! 



Ordered Sakura while my bro got Gaara. 


Artworks on display.



We explored some more and viola! A store that sold second-hand anime figurines. 

We went crazy again. 




I want this so much! (Not the chibi version)

Lelouch Vi Brittannia of the popular anime series, Code Geass, in full costume and with that evil smirk on his face! It's an accurate and detailed replica of one of my favorite characters! 

The price tag broke my heart a little. 



Look at all those handsome figurines! 

I took home Lelouch with the hat and candy cane for only 900 yen! Amazing! I would never have found such a deal back home. 

The two photos below are close-up shots taken when I unwrapped him from bubble wrap in the Philippines. With the details on his face and body, it's a very high-quality one! Super love it! 



Now, isn't he just dandy?



We passed by Gundam Cafe and AKB48's official cafe and shop later on the way home. 

And that concludes our second day at Tokyo with an adventure in anime central! (We basically ran around in all the anime goodness)

Third day begins with a stop at Yamashiroya coming next.

...

faith

#ilovetokyo

All photos during this trip are unedited to retain its authenticity. 
All photos are mine unless stated otherwise. 





No comments:

Post a Comment